Log into CoachRail and click on Quotes on the blue left-hand menu. When the quotes page comes up, click on the Add New button.
Fill in the customer’s details. If the customer already exists CoachRail, you can pick them from the suggested list that will populate as you type.
If the customer is new, CoachRail will add them as a new customer. You’ll need to enter:
- Quote ID (optional)
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
Once you’ve selected your customer, fill in the Trip Details section. You’ll need to enter:
- The Trip Type (one-way, round-trip, etc.)
- The Number of Passengers
- The Number of Drivers
- Vehicle Type (charter bus, minibus, etc.)
- The specific Vehicle(s) you want to use (optional, can be done later)
- The Number of Vehicles
Now add all stops for the trip.
- Pick an address from CoachRail's automatic suggestions based on Google Maps.
- Set whether the driver is picking up or dropping off at that location.
- Add the pick-up or drop-off date and time.
- Click the blue Add Stop button to add additional stops to the trip.
Choose the Garage where the bus will be leaving from.
Click on the Payment tab. Select whether you want to use your hourly, daily, or per-mile rate.
- Under Pricing Breakdown use the drop-down menu to add any other charges, like parking, cleaning fees, or lodging for the driver.
- Under Type of Payment select whether you want to send a quote for full payment, the down payment, or bill after services.
- If you select down payment, you can enter the due date and the percentage you charge for a down payment.
- Check the boxes under Allowed Methods of Payment to indicate whether you’ll accept credit cards, ACH payments, or checks.
If you need to add any notes to the customer, click on the Notes button and then type them in.
- You can also use this space to provide an in-depth trip itinerary and an explanation of any additional fees, such as an alcohol deposit.
- All of these notes will be visible on the quote check-out page, so this is a good place to provide your customer with clear expectations and explanations.
At the bottom of the page, you should now see the Quote Total as well as the Total Due Today.
Click Save for Later if you just want to save the quote in CoachRail.
Click Save and Send if you want to send an automatic email to the customer with the quote included.
If you'd rather convert the quote into a reservation without taking payment or notifying the customer, you can hit, Save and Convert.
- If you Save and Send we’ll customize the email with your company’s name and logo that you’ve uploaded to CoachRail.
When the customer gets the email, they can click on View Quote to see all of their quote information. If you are integrated with our payment partners, your customers will be able to make online payments directly from the quote email as well.